Today’s blog is all about energy bars! These snacks contain cereal and other high energy foods that give us quick energy and help us feel full. I’ve noticed more and more recently that consuming energy bars is becoming somewhat of a trend and as a result, energy bars have become a multi-million pound industry. Yes, they are yummy and convenient, but have you ever thought about making your own batch for the week, knowing exactly what’s in it? I’d like to share with you a delicious recipe I found online (not my own recipe); I made so many bars that I had plenty to last 2 people for a whole week!
- 2 cups Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup natural almonds
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. cold water
- Place dates, cashews, cocoa powder, almonds and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add coconut and extract; pulse again adding water a little at a time until mixture makes a moist but not sticky dough.
- Press firmly into a 9-inch square baking dish. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
© 2017 Naomi Laws. All rights reserved.